Funding Your Care

Funding Your Care

If you have growing care needs, or maybe require care following a recent hospital discharge, you may be able to access funding to cover some, or maybe all of the costs.

Your local authority can provide you further information.  All you need to do is contact your local Adult Social Services team and they will arrange to visit you and assess your needs.


Direct Payments

If you or someone you care for get help from social services, you can apply for direct payments. These let you choose and buy the services you need yourself, instead of getting them from your council.  Find your local Social Care Services


Attendance Allowance

Attendance allowance is for people over State Pension age who need help at home because of an illness or disability.


Disability Allowance

You can get a range of benefits if you’re between 16 and State Pension age and you have an illness or disability. The extra money can help with the cost of your care.


NHS Continuing Healthcare

Some people with long-term complex health needs qualify for free social care arranged and funded solely by the NHS. This is known as NHS continuing healthcare.

If you feel you need further help or advice on funding, please call us on 0330 124 6299 and speak to a member of our team.